Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mia's Blessing Day






Mia's blessing day turned out very nice.  Kyle gave her a beautiful blessing and she only cried at the very end of it. Blake has been so excited about her special day where dad can give her a "special prayer" and was excited for her to wear the dress grandma Burton made her.  The picture above is of my mom and Mia in the dress she made. The blanket under Mia is the one Aunt Julie made for Blake and I have blessed all my kids in it. Mia was screaming in all the pictures when we got back from church. I always forget to get the pictures before church and they are always grumpy when we get home. I think I will just put her in her dress when she is happy sometime so I can have a good picture to have in her baby book. It was so special to see Kyle and his brothers and our dads bless little Mia. So many times I thought this day would never come. I felt the spirit so strong when I saw this innocent little spirit surrounded by all those righteous men with the priesthood.  I had that neat experience where I felt her so close in the temple and it was humbling to see her dressed in white and cradled in all those loving arms. I am so very thankful for her in our lives and that she is healthy and strong.  We love her so much and are enjoying watching her grow.

5 comments:

  1. She is so sweet! I wish we could have made it! I'm sure it was awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so pretty. Your mom did a great job on the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! I am so happy for you and Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amy did you get the pictures i emailed you of the blessing? if not i'll burn you a disk. she was so beautiful on her special day. glad we were a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy...this is Laura "Merideth" Gilbert. I found your blog through The Hendersens blog! I hope you remember who I am :) Congratulations on your baby, she is beautiful! You have a beautiful family as well.

    ReplyDelete