Friday, August 14, 2009

Welcome Mia Diane Westmoreland






                  Mia Diane Westmoreland was born July 31st at 3:10 pm. She weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She looks alot like Blake did when he was a baby and has that same reddish brown hair. The doctor broke my water at 9:30 am.  ( They induced because my doctor was worried I wouldn't make it to the hospital in good time with my history of fast labors and having the hospital 45 min away. ) Nothing really happened until they started pitosin at 1:00. I was ready for the epidural of course soon after and the doctor ordered it then came back in and said she and the epidural man had to go into an emergency c-section. They had stopped the pitosin and said they would stop my labor and she would be back in 1/2 hour. She left and the nurse turned to me and said are you sure you want to do that. I said no I was to far into this to stop, to get someone to deliver this baby. She went and got  the head midwife and I was ready to have the baby by the time she asked me if she could deliver my baby. So 2hrs and ten minutes and we finally had our little girl. Kyle was there and my mom and sister were able to be there too. I could not have done that without all three of them there. I am soooooooooo not a pioneer and am over the having babies natural. Mia is so precious and her brothers adore her and want to hold her and help her all the time.  She loves her daddy and will fall asleep instantly when laid on his chest. ( Which is nice but frustrating when I have fought her for an hour first). We are so thankful she is healthy and strong. We love her so much and are loving dressing her up and cuddling her close.

4 comments:

  1. She is BEAUTIFUL! We need to come visit! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are very happy mia is here. she is such a little doll. it will be fun to get to know her better. hope to see you all again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Amy! She's beautiful! You'll love having a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she looks absolutely precious. i can't believe you did it natural- way to go! hope to meet her when i visit in october :)

    ReplyDelete